Chile-Rubbed Grilled Chicken With Salsa
Served with Kale and Sweet Potato Hash That recipe next week!
Here is what you will need.
• 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
• 1 small clove garlic, finely grated
• 1 teaspoon chile powder
• 1 teaspoons ground cumin
• 1 teaspoons ground coriander
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon chipotle pepper in adobe, minced
• 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
• 1 tomato, diced or what ever tomato you have
• 3 TBS finely diced red onion
Butterfly the chicken: Slice each breast almost in half horizontally (do not cut all the way through); open like a book so the chicken lies flat.
Combine the olive oil, garlic, ancho chile powder, cumin, coriander, paprika, chipotle chile powder, 1 teaspoon lime juice and 1 1/4 teaspoons salt in a large bowl.
Add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
Preheat a grill or grillpan to medium. Meanwhile, make the salsa: Chop the tomatoes and red onion.
Put in bowl and add the remaining 1 teaspoon lime juice in a bowl; season with salt. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Brush the grill grates with olive oil. Grill the chicken, turning once, until marked and just cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
Top with the salsa.
I served it with Kale and Sweet Potato Hash. That recipe, next week.